In respect to physiotherapy & clinical management the patient can expect the injury management to include:
- A thorough clinical and biomechanical assessment.
- An explanation as to the most likely cause for the current condition and available treatment options.
- Provide treatment by postural education, application of manual therapy (including spinal manipulation if indicated), exercise prescription and also if indicated the application of physiotherapeutic modalities).
- Monitoring of improvement with symptom change as well as quantitative measures.
- The focus of the management is toward a transition to effective self-management with minimal practitioner involvement.
- Treat the patient like they were one of your family.
- Do not provide any treatment that you would not apply to yourself.
- Do not provide treatment if there is a high probability that it will not provide benefit.
- Do not continue treatment is there is no sustained benefit.
- Guide and empower the patient to improve and change and to self-manage their problem.
- Provide strategies to avoid recurrence.